3/30/2017 – It’s Spring, so it’s time to get outside! If you’re looking for new, exciting, and fun things to do near Atlanta during your spring, Callaway Gardens is for you. Spending time outdoors with the family during your spring break is one of the most enjoyable ways to relax. There are a wide variety of ways to enjoy spring and have some fun this year.
The weather during spring is perfect for outdoor bicycling trails. Riding your bike is full of fun, excitement, and benefits that you might not even know about!
- Scientists at Stanford University have found that riding a bike regularly can protect your skin against harmful effects from UV radiation and reduce the signs of aging completely. Increased circulation through exercise delivers both oxygen and nutrients to your skin cells, while flushing out harmful toxins.
- Spending time riding through a bike trail will increase your brain power. Researchers have found cycling has led to an improvement by 15 percent in mental tests. Cycling helps build new brain cells in the hippocampus, which is responsible for memory, and usually starts to deteriorate by the age of 30.
- In a study of 2,400 identical twins, people who did about three 45-minute bike rides a week were biologically nine years younger. When your body is biologically nine years younger, that means you’ll live longer!
- Riding through bike trails will help your body fight off diseases better and lower your risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, all types of cancer, obesity, and high blood pressure.
- Losing weight and riding your bike through trails have been directly linked to one another. If you’re trying to lose weight, riding through a bike trail is your best bet. While running burns off a lot of fat, it won’t help your body in the ways that you’d like. Riding a bike can help you prevent pain that may have been caused in your body from running.
Spend Time Outdoors
With spring and beautiful weather finally here, there is no better way to enjoy it than spending time outdoors. Nature offers a wide variety of benefits to your mental and physical wellbeing. It’s also more relaxing than you might think. If you’re looking for ways to have fun, and enjoy some time with your family during these spring months, spending time outside is one of your best bets.
- Improve your short-term memory by enjoying different aspects of nature. Studies have shown that when you take nature walks, your brain focuses on little details and improves its short-term memory in the process.
- Restore your mental energy and relaxation by walking through nature trails. Your brain suffers from mental fatigue throughout your week. One thing that can help your mind get back on track is by spending time with nature.
- Reduce inflammation naturally with nature walks. Walking around can reduce tissue inflammation through natural healing factors.
Reduce Stress and Relax
Spending time in nature can be a great way to relax. Spending the night in The Lodge and Spa can help as well. The benefits offered through a lodge and spa can help your body relax and unwind this spring. Massages and comfortable beds can help aid your relaxation process.
- Relief your tension by enjoying a variety of massages, including massage therapy and prenatal massages, and let your mind and body find the right amount of rest and relief.
- Get manicures and pedicures to have the perfect nails for wearing open toed shoes and making the most of the fresh spring air.
- Get your hair and makeup done before you enjoy a special event or evening with your friends or loved ones.